Southside Middle School
Home of the Spartans
Character ~ Citizenship ~ Community ~ Courage
Mrs. Milligan's Message ~ 10/26/18
Our next PSG meeting is Thursday, November 1st at 6:30 in the Southside Staff Room.
Monarchs Field Trips forms and money ($15) are due on Thursday, November 1st.
Please go to the Southside Website to access information and resources including the winter sports schedule (when confirmed).
Manchester Proud wants to hear directly from you about your experiences in Manchester. They are hosting a listening session for families at our school, which will be an hour long. By participating in a listening session, you will help shape the future of Manchester’s public schools and the city as a whole. All information shared in listening sessions will remain confidential and responses will be summarized and used collectively along with other data. If you are interested in participating, please kindly RSVP by completing this quick form. If you have difficulty accessing this form, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
DATE: Thursday, November 1 at 2:00 p.m (Non-PSG Members) and 5:30 p.m. for PSG (Parent Support Group).
COMMITMENT: One hour - we promise to start and finish on time!
LOCATION: Southside Cafe’/Teacher’s Room
CONTACT PERSON: If you have any questions about the listening sessions, please contact Manchester Proud at email@example.com. You can also email your principal directly with questions.
Red Ribbon Week
Red Ribbon Week is an alcohol, tobacco, and other drug and violence prevention awareness campaign observed annually in October in the United States.
October 22nd to Oct 26th was Red Ribbon Week at Southside.
On Oct 24th, The following activities took place to celebrate Red Ribbon Week:
- The whole school wore Red. The teams with the most red received PBIS points.
- Our lobby was decorated by our students with large red ribbons with the help of our Student Assistance Program Counselor, Mrs. Breen.
- Envelopes containing “pledge to be drug free” stickers and fortune teller activity with bookmarks were passed out to students.
- A beautiful mural was created with students pledges to be drug free.
Blue Ribbon Award
Southside was recognized at the Blue Ribbon Award Ceremony today in Concord.
The NHPIE Blue Ribbon Award recognizes the extraordinary efforts of school volunteers for the achievements realized during the previous school year. The 2018 Blue Ribbon Award is given to successful and effective school volunteer programs during the 2017-2018 school year. Southside volunteers clocked over 1,300 hours of service last year. Let’s work together to exceed this number this school year.
- October 29th- 3:15 Equity Presentation at Memorial High School
- October 31st- Door decorating contest judging (Special Guest Judges). The Bookmobile will be at City Hall from 3-5 on Halloween. Mayor Craig will be there to hand out books in advance of trick or treating. Please see message and attached flyer for more information.
- November 1st- Manchester Proud Listening session
2:00-3:00 Non-PSG (Conference Room)
5:30-6:30-PSG (Cafe’ Teacher’s Room)
PSG Meeting 6:30 Southside Teachers Room
- November 4th- Daylight Savings...Don’t forget to set your clocks back!
- November 6th-Voting Day, NO SCHOOL for STUDENTS
- November 7th- 1:00-1:30- Volunteer Training
- November 8th- First Quarter Ends